University of Utah Therapy/Rehabilitation Aide in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 08/08/2017
Requisition Number PRN07134N
Job Title Therapy/Rehabilitation Aide
Working Title Therapy/Rehabilitation Aide (Work-Study)
Job Grade UGR
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Care Job Code? Yes
Type Non Benefited Staff / Student
Standard Hours per Week variable
Full Time or Part Time? Part Time
Work Schedule Summary
Flexible within the M-F work week 8am-6:30 pm and/or Saturday 9am-12:30 pm
Is this a work study job? Yes
VP Area Health Sciences
Department 01456 - Life Skills Clinics
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 10.00/hr
NOTE: May close at anytime.
As a patient-focused organization, the University of Utah Health Sciences exists to enhance the health and well-being of people through patient care, research and education. Success in this mission requires a culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect. The Health Sciences Center seeks faculty and staff who are committed to the values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, responsibility, diversity, integrity, quality and trust that are integral to our mission.
Provides occupational therapy services under the supervision of an occupational therapist. Assists an occupational therapist with rehabilitative activities for patients who may have developmental, physical and/or emotional impairments. Prepares equipment for treatment and may perform clerical duties for the clinic.
- The applicant must be a currently enrolled University of Utah student with an accepted Work-Study Financial Aid award for the current year. Work-Study award status may be viewed throughCISon the Financial Aid Status page.Provides routine office support, reviews and processes documents and requests for information, maintains files, and provides support for multiple events throughout the school year.*
Under the direct, on-site supervision of a Certified Occupational Therapist and/or a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant the student therapy/rehab aide will:
1. Assist with patient evaluation by obtaining information such as occupational role, activities of daily living, history, cognition, perception, strength and range of motion.
2. Assist in developing and establishing the patient’s treatment plan and goals.
3. Provide direct patient care services utilizing appropriate procedures, equipment and techniques.
4. Modify treatment approaches to reflect the needs of the patient 5. Adapt intervention of the environment, tools, materials and activities according to the needs of the patient and his/her socio-cultural context .
6. Communicate and interact with other team members and the patient’s family and care givers.
7. Formulate discontinuation of patient care and follow-up plans.
8. Provide documentation of patient care in accordance with established criteria, which is reviewed, edited and signed by the supervising OT and orCOTA.
9. Schedule patient appointments and assist therapists and office staff with prioritizing and organizing caseloads.
10. Maintain treatment area, equipment and supply inventory.
11. Participate in continuous quality improvement projects under the direction of the supervising OT,COTAand/or clinic office manager as appropriate.
12. Direct the activities of volunteers.
13. Participates in activities such as departmental in-services, conferences, staff and team meetings, continuing education courses, clinics and research.
14. May require traveling to off site locations
The applicant must be a currently enrolled University of Utah student with an accepted Work-Study Financial Aid award for the current year. Work-Study award status may be viewed throughCISon the Financial Aid Status page.
Preference given to 2nd and 3rd year students enrolled in the Masters of Occupational Therapy Program.
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801) 581-7447.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
We protect our patients, coworkers, and community by requiring all patient care employees to be immunized according to CDC standards. All patient care employees must receive the following vaccinations:
•Hepatitis B for some jobs
Limited exemptions may be made for documented medical contraindications or religious beliefs that object to vaccinations.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.We protect our patients, coworkers, and community by requiring all patient care employees to be immunized according toCDCstandards. All patient care employees must receive the following vaccinations:•MMR•Tdap•Varicella•2-step TB•Annual Influenza•Hepatitis B for some jobsLimited exemptions may be made for documented medical contraindications or religious beliefs that object to vaccinations.