University of Utah Storekeeper 1 in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 06/30/2017
Requisition Number PRN14653B
Job Title Storekeeper 1
Working Title Storekeeper 1
Job Grade B
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Care Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40 hours
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
VP Area Health Sciences
Department 01259 - HCI Finance
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 9.62 to 17.31
NOTE: May close at anytime.
Open Until Filled
NOTE: May close at anytime. Yes
Performs clerical and manual work involved in the receiving, inspecting, recording, storing, and issuing equipment, materials, and supplies. Ensures that an available supply of commonly used goods is stocked for various University departments.
1. Receives deliveries of materials, equipment and supplies made to a University department by local delivery, motor freight, parcel post, etc. in order to account for incoming goods.
2. Inspects items received in order to determine weight, accuracy of count, and damage.
3. Maintains records of stock received and issued to University departments.
4. Assists in the issuance of stocked items by filling requisitions.
5. Verifies accuracy of requisitions by comparing nomenclature, stock numbers, etc. to ensure that correct goods are delivered to requisitioning departments.
6. Stores articles in bins, on the floor, or on shelves according to identifying information and such as style, size, or type of material.
7. Prepares weekly an order list of food products, paper supplies, cleaning supplies, and other products needed to replenish stock room.
8. Maintains a clean and orderly storeroom in order to facilitate the reception and issuance of items in stock.
9. May perform clerical duties such as mark identifying codes, figures, or letters on articles; enter requisition and receipt information into the computer system; and answer phones and questions regarding storeroom information.
10. May be required to deliver requested material to various departments on campus.
11. May perform preventative maintenance on light vehicles.
12. May perform duties peculiar to the department in which the storeroom is located (such as filling bottles with solutions and compounds prepared in the chemistry storeroom).
13. May perform departmental inventory.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
The ability to move or manipulate heavy objects; the ability to read and write in English; demonstrated human relation skills; and a commitment to provide excellent customer service required. A knowledge of inventory control procedures would be helpful. Six months storeroom experience preferred. A valid Utah Driver’s license with proof of insurability may be required for persons in positions that require delivery.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.