University of Utah Staff Research Assistant in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 04/18/2017
Requisition Number PRN14012B
Job Title Staff Research Assistant
Working Title Staff Research Assistant
Job Grade B
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Care Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm with some evenings and weekends.
VP Area Health Sciences
Department 00931 - Ob/Gyn Research Network
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 10.00 to 15.00
NOTE: May close at anytime.
Open Until Filled
NOTE: May close at anytime. Yes
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Research Network has a position available for a research assistant to support a currently ongoing, federally funded clinical study to assess the effects of folic acid and zinc dietary supplementation in males on semen quality and fertility rates among couples trying to conceive, known as theFAZSTstudy.
- Learn the study protocol
- Carry out study eligibility screening of patients in a clinic setting
- Recruit and consent eligible patients
- Explain the study protocol and inclusion criteria to physicians, patients, and health care providers in person and by phone
- Collect and process biospecimens and body measurements from study participants (phlebotomy training or refresher will be provided as needed)
- Collect and record required data on paper and in electronic form
- Complete medical chart reviews
- Work with the research team and clinicians to meet enrollment goals and study deadlines
- Assist in stocking supplies
- Attend team and study meetings
- Work with confidential health information and complete the necessary trainings to do so
- Other duties as needed to support the project
One year research experience or equivalency; demonstrated organizational and communication skills; and a commitment to provide excellent customer service required. An understanding of research protocols and procedures preferred.
The successful candidate will be an independent self-starter and be able to accept flexible work hours; be willing to learn study interview, research and assessment techniques; have excellent communication and organizational skills; work well with a team and be comfortable with computer databases.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Prior experience interacting with patients in a clinical setting
- Experience with phlebotomy
- Experience with biospecimen collection and processing
- A background in nursing, science, or a related field
- Familiarity with clinical research and study protocols
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.