University of Utah Program Assistant in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 06/30/2017
Requisition Number PRN14644B
Job Title Program Assistant
Working Title Program Assistant
Job Grade C
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Care Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 20
Full Time or Part Time? Part Time
Work Schedule Summary
The schedule will vary based on the need of the department
VP Area Health Sciences
Department 00267 - Ophthalmology-Services
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 12.02 to 21.63
NOTE: May close at anytime. 08/01/2017
Open Until Filled
NOTE: May close at anytime. No
The Utah Lions Eye Bank—an extension of the John A. Moran Eye Center—is a nonprofit organization and has facilitated the gift of sight worldwide through transplantation and research since 1972. By restoring vision, cornea donation changes not only the lives of recipients, but also the lives of everyone around them. Located in Murray, Utah, we are a full service eye bank operating 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
The Utah Lions Eye Bank, located in Murray UT, has an immediate opening for 3 Eye Bank Donor Screeners. The screening position is the first vital step in the donation process. The Screener is an indispensable position in assisting to save and improve the quality of life to those in need worldwide. You will learn and grow alongside the Donor Coordinators in making a positive difference in the experience and quality within the healthcare industry. We are looking for passionate individuals that are interested in joining a great team! Benefits, multiple shifts available and a generous shift differential are provided.
The Eye Bank Donor Screener is responsible for receiving and inputting all donor referrals by telephone and e-mail; triage and assign referrals to appropriate parties; and communicate effectively with individuals/teams in the program to ensure high quality and timely expedition of outside agency requests.
• Receive and document all information for each potential donor referral in theIDSreferral database.
• Interview referring hospital healthcare professionals to obtain brief information about the potential donor.
• Manage large amounts of inbound and outbound calls in a timely manner.
• Follow communication “scripts” when handling different topics.
• Assign referral to appropriate personnel. Follow up required if assignment is not acknowledged within the specified time frames.
• Verifying status of donor registry for each donor referral for Utah and Idaho.
• Communicate effectively with individuals/teams in the program to ensure high quality and timely expedition of outside agency requests.
• Effectively transfer customer requests to an appropriate party.
• Know and utilizeOSHAstandards when handling tissue and disposable hazardous materials and participate in annual bloodborne pathogen training.
• Maintain compliance with FederalHIPAAregulations and complete annualHIPAAtraining as required by the University Of Utah School Of Medicine.
• Special projects as assigned by the Communications Supervisor.
• Maintain excellent customer service relations with referring hospitals,OPO, andOME.
• Participate in Monthly Donor Coordinator Meetings and Quarterly staff meetings.
• Participate and comply with established Quality Assurance policies and assist with routine monitoring upon request.
• Complete annualLMStraining per University of Utah School of Medicine’s policy.
• May be cross-trained in other areas to meet the needs of the business.
• Other duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree in a related field, or equivalency, plus two years of related experience required; ability to use logic and reasoning to prioritize tasks; computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet software, and/or database software preferred; demonstrated human relation and effective communication skills also required.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field may be preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Expedience working in or around any of the following fields;
Prior medical terminology experience
Data entry specialist
Inbound call center experience
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.