University of Utah Production Assistant in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 04/17/2017
Requisition Number PRN06753N
Job Title Production Assistant
Working Title Production Assistant
Job Grade C
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Care Job Code?
Type Non Benefited Staff / Student
Standard Hours per Week 19
Full Time or Part Time? Part Time
Work Schedule Summary
19 hrs/week. Flexible working hours during normal business hours. Occasional evenings and weekends; some travel may be required.
Is this a work study job? No
VP Area President
Department 00334 - KUED
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range $12.02 to $14.70/hr depending on experience
NOTE: May close at anytime.
Assists in the production of locally-produced programs by performing a wide range of functions, including but not limited to: editing, assisting in the studio and on field-based shoots, research, and clearing copyrighted material.
- Edits using Adobe Premiere Suite including digitizing, off-line, and online.
- Finds, organizes, and keeps detailed notes on all visual and aural assets for projects.
- Performs in-depth and detailed research including internet databases, and museum & library resources.
- Secures licensing permissions and clearances for all copyrighted assets.
- Secures location permits and licenses.
- Assists in the field with various grip work, set up and tear down, and driving the station vehicle.
- Assists in the studio and studio control room by operating the CG, still store, teleprompter, studio cameras, floor managing, lighting, and set up and tear down.
- Manages the closed-captioning of completed television programs.
- May be responsible for editing and producing short videos.
- May be responsible for program transcriptions.
- May be responsible for a project’s travel and lodging.
- Acts as aKUEDrepresentative while working with the local community and upholds the image ofKUEDand the University of Utah.
- Other duties as assigned.
• This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Associate degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Media Arts, or a related field, or equivalency; one year previous experience; and demonstrated analytical, oral and written communication skills required.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
A valid driver’s license is preferred. High proficiency with Adobe Premiere Suite preferred.
Special Instructions Summary
Required documents: cover letter, resume, 3 references, and links to video work.
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801) 581-7447.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.