University of Utah Privacy Analyst & Auditor in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 07/03/2017
Requisition Number PRN14682B
Job Title Privacy Analyst & Auditor
Working Title Privacy Analyst & Auditor
Job Grade F
FLSA Code Administrative
Patient Care Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
VP Area Health Sciences
Department 01663 - COMPLIANCE SERVICES
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 58300 to 79699
NOTE: May close at anytime.
Open Until Filled
NOTE: May close at anytime. Yes
1. Develop and publish privacy policies, procedures, standards and guidelines based on knowledge of best practices and compliance requirements.
2. Assist in the analyses and evaluation of privacy trends and implementation of policy and regulatory requirements.
3. Accesses and utilizes information and support resources to help advise peers and the institution.
4. Conducts Privacy Breach Investigations.
5. Contributes to and promotes the administrative, outreach, and clinical activities of the Privacy Office.
6. Implements training activities and promotes awareness of information privacy, patient privacy rights, and ultimately patient safety.
7. Supports all levels of staff, faculty and students by responding to questions, and helps facilitate process improvements where deficiencies exist.
8. Leads project teams in the identification of pertinent privacy issues, and prepares comprehensive project plans and timelines for process improvements.
9. Keeps abreast of latest privacy issues and trends.
10. Prepares documentation, including updates of department policies and procedures, reports, web content, and notifications.
11. Actively participates in professional privacy communities such as Educause,HCCA,AHIMA, etc.
12. Conducts privacy compliance audits and prepares written and oral reports on these audits for leadership.
13. Coordinates the implementation of Business Associate and Third Party Network Access Agreement.
14. Recommends business process improvements to enhance security and efficiency. Provides guidance and assists with business process improvement efforts and initiatives.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Administration, Healthcare Administration, Information Systems Management, or a related field or equivalency is required; and five years of progressive experience in computing, privacy, and information security, including experience with internet technology and privacy and security issues.
Master’s degree in healthcare related field or JD is preferred. Experience in healthcare is also preferred.CUOO/IT,CIPP/UT,CISSP,GIAC, or other security certifications are desired.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.