University of Utah Printing Customer Representative in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 03/17/2017
Requisition Number PRN13789B
Job Title Printing Customer Representative
Working Title Printing Customer Representative
Job Grade C
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Care Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
VP Area President
Department 00429 - University Print & Mail Srvs.
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 12.02 to 16.00
NOTE: May close at anytime.
Open Until Filled
NOTE: May close at anytime. Yes
Acts as both inside and outside sales representative and customer service representative. Sells printing services on campus.
1. Meets with clients, engineers and specifies printing jobs for production.
2. Works with commercial printers for buy-outs.
3. Writes job specifications for bids, bids jobs and works with University Purchasing Department, following all state and University purchasing procedures.
4. Writes up orders, calculates paper usage and buys paper necessary for jobs from outside vendors.
5. Follows jobs through production to check on quality and turn-around to fill clients needs.
6. Advises and consults with production staff and management on job specific technical and production methods and assumes management responsibilities on client need/production decisions involving large dollar risks.
7. Assists and advises in estimating and billing, works with management in establishing Printing Service goals by defining client’s needs and overseeing all aspects of the printing processes.
• This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Four years experience in printing, estimating, and marketing, or related experience; a knowledge of printing production processes, design principles, production art, typesetting, offset camera, quality halftones, four color process theory and application, offset press operations, letter press operations, folding and binding, and paper applications in the printing industry; demonstrated communications skills; and a commitment to providing excellent customer service required.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Excellent customer services skills.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.