University of Utah Office Assistant in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 08/01/2017
Requisition Number PRN07097N
Job Title Office Assistant
Working Title Office Assistant (Work-Study)
Job Grade B
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Care Job Code?
Type Non Benefited Staff / Student
Standard Hours per Week 15-19
Full Time or Part Time? Part Time
Work Schedule Summary
We have two positions available:
- A morning position that would be scheduled to work from 8:00 am until 12:30 pm.
- An afternoon position that would be scheduled to work from 12:30 pm until 5:00 pm.
Both positions would work Monday through Friday.
Is this a work study job? Yes
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 00323 - Women's Resource Center
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range $9.25
NOTE: May close at anytime.
Works with students, staff, faculty and the public. Demonstrates confidentiality in all areas, is sensitive to others’ needs while being understanding and helpful. Provides secretarial and administrative office support. Performs a variety of clerical duties, often of a routine and repetitive nature. Attention to detail is a critical.
1. Must be a professional and public face for the Women’s Resource Center (WRC) and The University of Utah
2. Posts to website and social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
3. Answers, screens, routes and takes messages for incoming telephone calls
4. Greets and directs visitors, requests they complete an entry assessment
5. Enters information into the assessment system regarding all calls and emails.
6. Answers questions about the organization and associated activities
7. Provides administrative support to supervisor or department including running errands, printing, filing, copying, collating, stapling, and assisting in any way to help the office.
8. Prepares correspondence, including composing routine letters and memos
9. Assists with accounting functions including reconciliations, report preparation, and data entry
10. Establishes and maintains confidential and other files
11. Become familiar with the department’s mission, policies and procedures, have working knowledge of other University departments and community organizations in order to answer and assist staff and visitors
12. Gathers and assembles various information for presentations, events, and tabling
13. Present and table at on-campus and off-campus classes and events regardingWRCservices
14. Reliable/dependable: arrive at work on time, with regular attendance, stays focused on work during their shift
15. At times, may be the only staff member in the department
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Often: Outdoors and in the elements.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking, repetitive hand motion (such as typing, answering the phone, filing).
Often: Walking, standing, bending, reaching overhead, carrying or lifting items up to 50 lbs.
High school diploma or equivalency required. One year full-time customer service experience or equivalency, demonstrated human relation and effective communication skills also required.
This job posting is only available to University of Utah students who have been awarded a Federal Work-Study Award for the current year. Please login toCISand go to the Finance/Financial Aid section to view your Financial Aid Status. If you have not received a Federal Work-Study Award, then do not complete and submit this application. Before hire, this employer will confirm that you have received a Federal Work-Study Award for the current year.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Essential Skills and Characteristics
• Friendly, cooperative, and positive.
• Enjoys working as a team member and has good communication skills.
• Can work independently and in collaboration with others.
• Demonstrates the ability to follow direction, think independently, solve problems within department and University policies, and to collaborate with campus and community partners.
• Willing to ask for help and dedicated to learning.
• Quickly corrects mistakes, informs those who may be affected, learns, and moves on
• Accepts accountability, is committed to doing a great job, and can complete tasks on deadline.
• Organized and detail oriented.
• Able to multi-task.
• Excellent telephone and customer service skills.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in the use of a PC computer, Windows, and Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Ability to learn new programs and functions quickly.
• Customer service and office experience.
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801) 581-7447.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.