University of Utah Office Assistant in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 04/12/2017
Requisition Number PRN06742N
Job Title Office Assistant
Working Title Office Assistant
Job Grade B
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Care Job Code?
Type Non Benefited Staff / Student
Standard Hours per Week 19
Full Time or Part Time? Part Time
Work Schedule Summary
Typical work schedule includes day hours as well as many nights, weekends and some holidays.
Is this a work study job? No
VP Area President
Department 00842 - Rice-Eccles Stadium
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range $9.50/h
NOTE: May close at anytime. 05/26/2017
The Event Assistant will be responsible for coordinating the needs of events, meetings, and weddings with the understanding that progression and advancement of duties is expected.
The Event Assistant will provide departmental administrative support in calendar management, contract and payment processing and other essential department tasks. As well as provide excellent customer service to ensure a positive experience for all clients, patrons, and guests.
This position will also be required to work within a team environment and be capable of working independently while delivering to tight deadlines.
• Meet with clients and determine and revise all details relative to the specific event.
• Develop detailed diagrams of each space indicating the location of equipment needed in each area.
• Create and distribute event documents with all the information relative to the various department’s specific requirements and capabilities.
• Communicate and coordinate with décor, catering and A/V vendors.
• Coordinate with the appropriate departments any changes or corrections the client may request.
• Work directly with the client and assist with any last minute requests and provide guidance as various situations may develop.
• Supervise events from load in through load out.
• Aid in event coordination, set up and tear down.
• Assist client with all move in/set up requirements.
• Review general area of ingress and egress to include all appropriate areas are ready for the event.
• Continuously monitor event space for cleanliness and safety for all patrons/clients.
• Serve as the liaison between client and Stadium & Arena Event Services departments.
• Prepare and review the event settlement and send final billing.
• Demonstrate a continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide excellent customer service. Perform event related research and data entry.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
High school diploma or equivalency required. One year full-time customer service experience or equivalency, demonstrated human relation and effective communication skills also required.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
• 2 to 3 years of Customer Service Experience
• Must have good organizational and planning skills
• Must be able to coordinate and handle several projects at the same time
• Must have strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
The idea candidate should also possess:
o Ability to work well under stress, exercise good judgment, diplomacy, courtesy and tact
o Ability to work flexible hours, nights, weekends and holidays
o Ability to control large numbers of people effectively and solve problems
o Ability to establish cooperative working relationships with employees, clients, services contractors and the public
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801) 581-7447.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.