University of Utah Nurse Practitioner in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 06/01/2015
Requisition Number PRN08546B
Job Title Nurse Practitioner
Working Title Nurse Practitioner
Job Grade UGR
FLSA Code Professional
Patient Care Job Code? Yes
Standard Hours per Week 40 but additional hours maybe required.
Full Time or Part Time?
Work Schedule Summary
Department 00229 - Gastroenterology
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 76591.74-90000
NOTE: May close at anytime.
Open Until Filled
NOTE: May close at anytime. Yes
We have a job opening in General GI and in Hepatology, please specify which position you are interested in applying for in your cover letter.
The NP/APRNrole provides primary care and treatment to patients in a University Health Sciences clinic or hospital unit.
As a patient-focused organization, the University of Utah Health Sciences exists to enhance the health and well-being of people through patient care, research and education. Success in this mission requires a culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect. The Health Sciences Center seeks faculty and staff who are committed to the values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, responsibility, diversity, integrity, quality and trust that are integral to our mission.
1. Assesses the physical condition of a group of patients by performing physical examinations and obtaining medical histories.
2. Formulates the medical plan and prognosis based on patient’s condition.
3. Consults with physician(s) regarding patient health care plans and treatment.
4. Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess the patient’s clinical problems and health care needs.
5. Performs selected invasive procedures for therapeutic and/or diagnostic reasons within scope of validated competence.
6. Initiates and/or recommends medical drug therapies or other forms of related therapeutic treatment and procedures in accordance with approved protocols/policy.
7. Complies with medical records policies regarding the complete and accurate documentation of patient care. Initiates and maintains required records and legal documents.
8. Participates in quality improvement activities.
9. Counsels patients, families and significant others about health and illness, and promotes health maintenance.
10. Evaluates, plans, implements, and re-evaluates the care of individuals requiring emergency measures.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Licensure to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of Utah. Nationally certified as a Nurse Practitioner as required under State Law. Certification inACLS/BLS/NRP/ATLSmay be required by your department or by privileging criteria. Demonstrated clinical competence and in-depth knowledge of specialty area; and demonstrated leadership, teaching, research and communication skills are required.
Licensure is obtained by completing a Master’s degree in Nursing or equivalency (the only equivalency to the Master’s degree is current licensure as a Nurse Practitioner) and a National Certification which requires the successful completion of a nationally accredited examination.UHPPM1-56 requires that newly hired non-physician providers apply for credentialing and privileging at the time of hire.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.