University of Utah Manager, Research in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 04/20/2017
Requisition Number PRN14042B
Job Title Manager, Research
Working Title Manager, Research
Job Grade F
FLSA Code Administrative
Patient Care Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
Monday – Friday 8:00 am -5 pm, some nights and weekends may be required
VP Area Health Sciences
Department 00964 - DFPM-Division of Public Health
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 47600 to 90400
NOTE: May close at anytime.
Open Until Filled
NOTE: May close at anytime. Yes
Under minimal supervision, responsible for planning, organizing, directing and/or controlling all aspects pertaining to research functions of assigned department’s internal and external customer service, staffing and financial management operations pertaining to areas including (but not limited to) research and development.. Acts as a catalyst between the department and its customers and staff to ensure continuity and quality of service and care. Understands federal policies and procedures. Assist the Associate Director of Research with administrative functions for professional development in areas of a complex, large national network. Education in public health or healthcare administration is preferred, with over 8 years experience.
1. Forecasts, develops and implements policies and procedures in the areas of customer service, staffing and budgetary goals and objectives that are consistent with University of Utah’s policies.
2. Markets and promotes new and existing programs and services to internal and external customers.
3. Participates in University-wide committees to establish customer service standards and administrative plans and policies.
4. Facilitates cooperative and collaborative community and institutional relationships.
5. Ensures customer satisfaction by analyzing complaints, concerns and suggestions and providing appropriate follow-through.
6. Develops departmental strategies consistent with the assigned departments continuous quality improvement program.
7. Identify new opportunities to reach potential participants.
8. CreatesIRBdocuments and monitors data agreement forms.
9. Reviews, approves, and monitors budgets, forecasts and approves expenses; negotiates consultant rates; oversees sub-award administration and reporting; assists with calculatingROI.
10. Attend conferences and network committee meetings to represent program’s priorities and strategies.
11. Oversee special projects like revamping web design and copy, rebranding, and creation of promotional brochures, flyers, and handouts.
12. Develop content for newsletter articles.
13. Initiate and implementation of new and recurring communications campaigns.
14. Analyze recruitment and retention efforts to ensure communications strategies are effective and reaching the correct audiences.
15. Oversee evaluation processes, including implementing of complex assessments, quality assurance, process improve.
16. Strategize for expansion programs and determine best practices for implementing new programs
17. Provide technical guidance to employees and participants, i.e. visuals of data for external and internal reports.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related area of assignment or equivalency and 4 – 6 years of progressively more responsible management experience. Background knowledge of assigned department’s area of specialization in order to analyze, plan and draw conclusions for recommendations to superiors. Demonstrated leadership skills in planning and directing employees and processes in order to effectively monitor and develop subordinates and to ensure the smooth operation of department. Completion of provided supervisory training within one year of employment may be required.
Master’s degree in a related area may be preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Master’s degree in public health, or healthcare administration is preferred.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.