University of Utah Manager, Program in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 05/26/2017
Requisition Number PRN14340B
Job Title Manager, Program
Working Title Campus Visits Manager
Job Grade D
FLSA Code Administrative
Patient Care Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
Exempt. This position is required to work some evening and weekend program activities.
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 00295 - Office of Admissions
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range Commensurate with experience
NOTE: May close at anytime.
Open Until Filled
NOTE: May close at anytime. Yes
The Campus Visits Manager is a member of the Campus Experience team within the Office of Admissions and provides leadership for the offices’ campus tour/visit programs throughout the year. This position is responsible for the planning, implementation, and assessment of the various campus visit options provided by the office, as well as, the management of the Office of Admissions Welcome Center and front desk operations. In conjunction with the Assistant Director of Campus Experience, the Campus Visit Manager will direct the work of the University Ambassadors who lead campus tours and staff the Welcome Center front desk. This position also provides back up and support for the Admissions Events Manager.
1. Assist in the strategic planning of the type and calendar of campus tours/events throughout the year to help achieve the enrollment goals of the office and university.
2. Manages all aspects of visit programs for prospective students, their families, and special campus guests including daily campus tours, group tours, Saturday tours, and other specialized tours. Duties include, but are not limited to: reservations; scheduling meetings with staff and faculty; classroom visits; tours of campus, labs and housing; meals; transportation; visit confirmations; guest
packets; and visit evaluations.
3. In collaboration with marketing and communications team, contribute to and ensure the timely production of all printed and electronic campus visit communications and collateral including brochures, web pages, correspondence and direct mailings to increase the office’s visibility and increase campus visit attendance.
4. Ensure timely execution of the Welcome Center operations logistics including, but not limited to: scheduling of tour guides and front desk coverage; visitor check-ins; opening and closing of the Welcome Center; ordering of supplies; cleanliness and maintenance of front desk, lobby, guest beverage space, and presentation space.
5. Position will be expected to develop budgets congruent with the Office of Admissions recruitment strategies/goals and work with the allocated budget. Be able to justify expenditures with appropriate documentation, as well as research, identify, and propose cost savings measures. Maintain budget expenses for campus visit and Welcome Center activities and monitors purchases to ensure compliance or all University fiscal policies, oversees billing accuracy and coordinates timely processing of all invoices.
6. Design and maintain a system for detailed visit and Welcome Center management information (visit plans and schedules, budgets, partner contacts, post-event analyses, timelines, assessments, front desk operations, etc.) to maintain quality and consistency of work and monitor the status of activities and assignments.
7. Evaluate campus visit program through frequent assessment utilizing participant evaluations, registration and attendance numbers, feedback from staff and campus partners, etc.
8. Write summaries/reports on campus visit activities including detailed information on attendance, successes, and recommendations for improvements.
9. Act as a liaison with office staff and campus partners on informational and procedural matters relating to campus visits and resolves problems within the realm of applied
authority. Disseminate timely and relevant information via visit briefs, meetings, memorandums, digital communications, and other means to staff, campus partners, and participants.
10. Represent the Office of Admissions at meetings and events. Build and maintain professional working relationships campus partners, vendors, and other stakeholders. Work collaboratively with other units, as appropriate, to support student services, enrollment, and retention at the University.
11. Participate in trainings, meetings, committees and other duties as assigned to support the Office of Admissions
12. Evenings and weekend required. Moderate physical activity required.
13. Provide support and serve as back up to Admissions Events Manager.
14. Other duties as assigned.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus two years of related experience or equivalency. Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills also required.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Demonstrated experience in campus visit planning, execution, and assessment. Previous experience in an admissions office welcome center, student union operations, hospitality management or other customer service organizations. Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills. Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to take initiative, be resourceful, and perform with minimal supervision. Ability to motivate and work with diverse individuals and groups within the office, university, and event industry. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate in courteous, professional, and timely manner. Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to balance a variety of tasks with a high degree of competency, accuracy, and attention to detail. Ability to make effective administrative and procedural decisions and judgments. Strong skills in problem solving, multi-tasking, public relations, and customer service. Detail orientated with demonstrated skills in effectively anticipating and organizing work priorities to meet and manage multiple pending deadlines and priorities. Ability
to adapt quickly, efficiently and with tact and diplomacy to changing priorities and creatively solve problems. Possess a valid driver’s license at time of employment.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
Review of applications will begin June 22, 2017.
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.