University of Utah Manager, Administrative in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 05/26/2017
Requisition Number PRN14342B
Job Title Manager, Administrative
Working Title Assistant Director for Campus Experience
Job Grade E
FLSA Code Administrative
Patient Care Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
Exempt. This position is required to work some evening and weekend program activities.
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 00295 - Office of Admissions
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range Commensurate with experience
NOTE: May close at anytime.
Open Until Filled
NOTE: May close at anytime. Yes
The Assistant Director is a member of the Student Recruitment & Outreach (SRO) leadership team within the Office of Admissions and oversees all aspects of the Campus Experience area including the Welcome Center, Admissions Information Services, Campus Experience, Recruitment Programs, and University Ambassador Program. This position will contribute to the overall recruitment and enrollment efforts of the Office of Admissions by assisting in the development, implementation, and assessment of policies, programs, and financial objectives for theSROdivision; ensuring continuity and quality customer service; and overseeing the human resource management within the Campus Experience Team.
The Welcome Center serves as the primary point of contact for the Office of Admissions, serving as first stop for admissions presentations, campus tours, group tours and visits. It is the main point of inquiry for questions regarding campus visits and tours, recruitment events and programs. The Admissions Information Services area handles incoming phone calls and emails related to freshman and transfer admissions, both domestic and international, as well as, other questions related to the University of Utah. This area also assists with outbound calling campaigns for the office and other campus entities. Campus Experience and Recruitment Programs includes campus visits/tours (individual, group, andVIP) and all recruitment and yield programs held on- and off-campus, as well as in- and out-of-state. The University Ambassador Program represents the office and the university through participation in campus tours, recruitment events, and service activities. They also provide support for recruitment efforts and Welcome Center operations.
1. Responsible for the recruitment, training/development, evaluation, and retention of three professional staff members (Campus Visit Manager, Admissions Events Manager, and Coordinator for Admissions Information Services) and 60 part-time student staff (University Ambassadors and Admissions Assistants).
2. Direct supervision of the Campus Visit Manager, the Admissions Events Manager, the Coordinator for Admissions Information Services, and the University Ambassadors.
3. Utilize best practices to develop and implement Campus Experience area’s strategies and tactics, which are in alignment with other office efforts, to achieve the strategic goals of the Office of Admissions and the university. Effectively assess the impact and success of strategies and tactics through data analysis and survey tools and use data to recommend and implement improvements and changes to existing efforts.
4. Develop and manage area budgets congruent with the Office of Admissions recruitment strategies/goals. Be able to justify expenditures with appropriate documentation, as well as research, identify, and propose cost savings measures. Monitors purchases to ensure compliance or all University fiscal policies, oversees billing accuracy and coordinates timely processing of all invoices.
5. Model and utilize best practices of inclusion, equity and diversity exemplified in many ways, including staff hiring and development, setting priorities, and daily/long-term interactions with colleagues at the university and beyond, the Assistant Director should be an exemplar of the University’s values and goals in this key role.
6. Ensure the highest level of customer service and satisfaction within all assigned areas of responsibility.
7. Facilitate cooperative and collaborative relationships with campus units (i.e. academic departments and colleges and student affairs units) to further support the mission of the Office of Admissions.
8. Ensure appropriate staffing levels at the Welcome Center front desk, the Admissions Information Services area, campus tours, and recruitment/yield events.
9. Participate in office recruitment/yield activities and special events.
10. Provide support for the planning of campus visits and programs.
11. Serve as a backup for campus tours, presentations, and staffing of front desk and phones.
12. Other duties as assigned.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Bachelor’s degree in a related area or equivalency (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education). Four to six years of progressively more responsible management experience. Background knowledge of hiring department’s area of specialization in order to analyze, plan and draw conclusions for recommendations to superiors. Demonstrated leadership skills in planning and directing employees and processes in order to effectively monitor and develop subordinates and to ensure the smooth operation of department.
Master’s degree in a related area may be preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Master’s degree from a regionally accredited university/college with preference given to degrees in higher education, student affairs, or related areas; Experience usingCRMtools; Previous experience working in an Office of Admissions or other Enrollment Management Office; Experience in event planning/management, and/or experience managing a Welcome/Visitors Center. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and find solutions to issues that may arise. Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills. Ability to communicate complex information to diverse individuals and groups. Effective interpersonal skills. Possess a valid driver’s license at time of employment.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
Cover letter should address qualifications of job posting and should also address applicant’s demonstrated leadership skills in mentoring, developing and managing part-time student staff. Review of applications will begin June 19, 2017.
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.