University of Utah Library Aide in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 05/30/2017
Requisition Number PRN06879N
Job Title Library Aide
Working Title Office Assistant
Job Grade A
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Care Job Code?
Type Non Benefited Staff / Student
Standard Hours per Week 15
Full Time or Part Time? Part Time
Work Schedule Summary
Applicants should be available to work up to 15 hours per week between 8:00am and 5:00pm Monday through Friday. Schedule will vary per semester and depend on availability.
Is this a work study job? No
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 00790 - Marriott Library - Operations
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 9.00
NOTE: May close at anytime.
Be the first smiling face our guests see on their way to meet with our dean, associate deans, and/or directors on the 5th floor of the Marriott Library. If you have a cheerful and professional appearance, enjoy light clerical duties and a business-like atmosphere, please apply! Light administrative work and projects may include stuffing gift bags, distributing posters, updating directories, posting ads on the web, making copies, scanning documents, keeping the conference rooms clean, assisting with catered events, etc. This position will provide a behind-the-scenes look at the business-side of the library and the quieter corners found within it.
- Receive, greet, and assist visitors and other library employees in a professional, warm and friendly manner
- Answer telephones, provide assistance, and direct calls to other individuals/departments
- Answer basic informational questions about the organization and its activities
- Order or pick up and distribute office supplies
- Assist with typing, copying, scanning, fax, word processing, data entry, filing and mass mailings
- Maintain the reception, kitchen, general workroom and conference room areas
- Assist with catering setup and cleanup for admin suite events
- Schedule appointments, rooms, and meetings as requested
- Other tasks as assigned
Six months clerical or customer service experience required; demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills are also required.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
- One year full-time customer service experience, clerical or secretarial experience, or equivalency
- Adept using the Internet and relevant software applications, ie. Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Effective teamwork, interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Perform well under pressure and maintain a calm demeanor
- Adapt to a changing environment
- Prioritize and organize tasks effectively
- Dress and present oneself in a professional manner
- Pre-knowledge of library services helpful
Special Instructions Summary
For consideration, please submit your resume with three professional references listed, a brief letter of interest, and your Summer and Fall 2017 Class Schedules. Position is open until filled with priority consideration given to applicants available to start in mid-July.
Must be a current University of Utah student.
For the Library to be able to appropriately monitor hours worked, part-time employees are generally asked to restrict their work with the University of Utah to Library employment only, unless an exception exists.
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801) 581-7447.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.