University of Utah Hourly Research Assistant in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 09/13/2017
Requisition Number PRN07283N
Job Title Hourly Research Assistant
Working Title Work Study Research Assistant
Job Grade B
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Care Job Code?
Type Non Benefited Staff / Student
Standard Hours per Week 15-19
Full Time or Part Time? Part Time
Work Schedule Summary
Flexible 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday-Friday
Is this a work study job? Yes
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 00651 - UTAH SYS OF HIGHER EDU-OPER
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 12.00
NOTE: May close at anytime.
• Research. Search college and university websites, catalogs, and contact campus staff to gather comparative data about Utah System institutions. Track information received from institutions.
• Communication. Follow up with campus staff as needed to validate data. Communication may involve phone calls, email, or short correspondence.
• Website Maintenance. Use information gathered during research to update content of several web-based databases.
• General Office. Work on other projects that arise.
• Work Study eligible
• Demonstrated college level written and oral communication skills
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite, email, and Internet browsing
• Accurate keyboard skills
• Highly organized, detail oriented, and self-directed
• Ability to multi-task
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to self-teach, especially in technology
• Experience with Acrobat Pro 10/PDFOnline Forms/Templates preferred but not required
Special Instructions Summary
Office is located off campus but easily accessible from the Trax line at the Planetarium exit.
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801) 581-7447.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.