University of Utah Graduate Research Assistant in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 07/10/2017
Requisition Number PRN07000N
Job Title Graduate Research Assistant
Working Title Graduate RA - Clark Lab
Job Grade A00
FLSA Code Professional
Patient Care Job Code? No
Type Non Benefited Staff / Student
Standard Hours per Week 20 Hours
Full Time or Part Time? Part Time
Work Schedule Summary
Flexible. Some evening meetings as needed.
Is this a work study job? No
VP Area Health Sciences
Department 00272 - CON Nursing
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range $20,000
NOTE: May close at anytime.
Researchers funded by the National Institutes of Health are seeking a woman graduate student with fluent Spanish language skills (speaking, reading, and writing) to join us for 1-2 years as we complete a research study. The topic is women’s cultural understanding of post-delivery pelvic health. Our study participants include Mexican immigrant, Mexican American, and Euro-American women who have had their first vaginal delivery.
• Required work location is on-site at the University of Utah.
• Meetings and interviews will take place in the Salt Lake City metropolitan area and student must be willing to travel within a 30 mile radius of the University, with mileage reimbursement.
• Healthcare experience with patient contact is an asset.
Tracking research data from collection through analysis.
• Maintaining research team records.
• Scheduling and conducting research interviews.
• Verifying transcripts from focus groups and research interviews
• Coding qualitative data after on-the-job training.
• Developing Spanish and English resources for research participants.
• Native speaker of Spanish, Mexican dialect preferred , with knowledge of Mexican/Mexican-American culture.
• One year of research experience (or equivalent).
• Qualitative research coursework at the graduate level an asset.
• Strong communication skills and ability to get along well with women and families from various backgrounds.
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801) 581-7447.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.