University of Utah Food Service Worker in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 04/12/2017
Requisition Number PRN06740N
Job Title Food Service Worker
Working Title Concessions Stand Manager
Job Grade A
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Care Job Code?
Type Non Benefited Staff / Student
Standard Hours per Week 15-19 hours per week
Full Time or Part Time? Part Time
Work Schedule Summary
Hour vary according to events scheduled at Rice-Eccles Stadium and Jon M. Huntsman Center.
Is this a work study job? No
VP Area President
Department 00842 - Rice-Eccles Stadium
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range $10.00/h
NOTE: May close at anytime. 05/12/2017
This position will oversee the operation of our concession stands and carts. They will ensure that the groups are properly trained and will assist them as needed during events.
• Verifies opening inventory count with group supervisor.
• Monitors staff and assists when needed in operating the concessions.
• Assists in preparing food items for events.
• Handles guests concerns.
• Verifies closing inventory count with group supervisor.
• Supervise clean up of all equipment.
• Perform general maintenance and cleaning in areas as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Prior cashiering experience in a fast food or food handling environment.
• Must be able to work well as a team player and independently.
• Must demonstrate customer service skills.
• Ability to train and mentor new employees.
• Willingness to jump in and do what is necessary.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds continuously.
• Work in fast paced, high stress situations.
• The noise level in the work environment can vary.
• Exposed to continuous walking, standing, and twisting.
• Exposed to intermittent bending, squatting, kneeling and climbing stairs.
• Must be able to work in outside conditions, including snow, rain, wind, and heat.
Current Food Handler’s Permit within one month of employment; must be able to read, write, and follow verbal instructions in English; and a commitment to providing excellence in service required. Six months food handlers’ experience is preferred.
Prior supervisory experience and/or six months food handlers’ experience is preferred.
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801) 581-7447.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.