University of Utah Facility Manager in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 04/20/2017
Requisition Number PRN14049B
Job Title Facility Manager
Working Title Facility Manager
Job Grade F
FLSA Code Administrative
Patient Care Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
Monday-Friday 8am-6pm depending on departmental needs.
VP Area President
Department 01393 - Williams Building Operations
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 47600 to 60000 DOE
NOTE: May close at anytime.
Open Until Filled
NOTE: May close at anytime. Yes
Seeking a dynamic, experienced, team oriented professional to serve as the primary interface between our customers and our team members. Must enjoy working with vendors and the public, have a heart for customer service, and enjoy a variety of tasks (negotiating contracts to plunging toilets). The role demands a high level of accountability, professional demeanor, the ability to build and foster professional relationship, and a healthy sense of humor. We support 24/7 operations; you must be flexible as some evenings and weekends may be required. Must be willing to learn, have a keen eye for detail, and committed to the success of the team.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
1. Promptly address and effectively resolve tenant issues, requests, and complaints (building aesthetics, parking issues, janitorial concerns, support tenant parties, meeting and special events, etc.) follow up with customers to enure expectations have been met.
2. Coordinate services and oversee vendors (janitorial, landscaping, pest control, security, parking, window washing, snow removal, etc.) to ensure customer service, safety, timely resolution of issues, technical skills, safety, job knowledge, and adherence to building rules andREAprocedures.
3. Create schedules and conduct property inspections, coordinate appropriate service for issues that need to be corrected, follow up to ensure appropriate resolution, communicate status and/or concerns to Management and Engineering team members.
4. Assist with monitoring costs for vendor services and ensure that services are provided in accordance with negotiated service agreements and contracts.
5. Assist with tenant meetings, respond to tenant concerns and relay information as appropriate.
6. Prepare and send tenant communications consistent in messaging that support REA’s commitment to superior customer service.
7. Assists with requests for proposal, bid processes and annualCAMreconciliation.
8. Assist Accounting Department to ensure billing accuracy and functionality of A/P and A/R processes.
9. Maintain Utility Profile sheets, provide updates and presentations to Management on quarterly basis.
10. Participate in design and construction meetings and evaluate project proposals with lead workers to determine labor and supply inputs, make recommendations for modifications where appropriate.
11. Perform administrative functions such as producing reports fromMRI, Maximo, reporting on building energy consumption and utility usage, etc., coordinate access control in CCure, provide and track parking passes, etc.
12. Support and assist Operations and Engineering team and others in the department as requested.
13. Oversees vendors and addresses tenant concerns for properties in downtown Salt Lake City and in Research Park on a 24 hour a day, 7 day a week basis.
This position will interface with REA’s Accounting team to assist with resolving billing and fund allocation issues, will assist REA’s Construction Project Management team to resolve issues related to tenant improvement and billable work order project and will support our Operations and Engineering team as needed with special projects to exceed the expectations of our customers.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Facilities Management, Engineering, or a related field, or equivalency; four years of progressively more responsible experience; demonstrated interpersonal skills; budgeting and purchasing experience; supply system management; and a commitment to provide excellent customer service required. Experience must include facilities management knowledge in preventative maintenance,HVACsystems and operations, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing, interior design, safety coordination, and demonstrated knowledge of custodial activities.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.