University of Utah Director, Administration in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 07/06/2017
Requisition Number PRN14721B
Job Title Director, Administration
Working Title Associate Director of Business Affairs
Job Grade G
FLSA Code Executive
Patient Care Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
8:00am – 5:00pm
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 00062 - School of Computing
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 60700 to 115300
NOTE: May close at anytime.
Open Until Filled
NOTE: May close at anytime. Yes
Associate Director of Business Affairs in School of Computing will report to the Director of the School and forms part of the leadership team of the School. The Director, Administration will have several responsibilities including: managing the School’s administrative team in the support of both faculty and staff; helping to oversee resource management, including budgets and space; interacting/communicating with stakeholders and outside organizations (on and off campus); interacting with faculty who are needing or using School resources; helping to formulate and carry out the strategic goals of the School.
1. Directs the development and implementation of human resource, customer service and financial goals and objectives that are consistent with the University of Utah’s goals and objectives.
2. Provides strategic direction by setting short and long-term goals, estimating budgetary requirements for staff, space and equipment planning, and implementing special projects and policies.
3. Develops strategies consistent with the University of Utah’s continuous quality improvement program.
4. Oversees all aspects of human resource management including recruitment and retention of assigned staff.
5. Forecasts staffing, capital and operating budget needs in evaluating and reporting on market sensitivity, financial analysis, space utilization review, staff performance evaluation, etc.
6. Ensures customer satisfaction by analyzing complaints, concerns and suggestions and providing appropriate follow-through.
7. Oversees the analysis and determination of appropriate staff mix to support customer needs.
8. Ensures competency of management/supervisory staff through the development and/or presentation of educational programs and through on-going staff performance evaluation.
9. Markets and promotes new and existing programs and services to internal and external customers.
10. Participates in university-wide committees to establish customer service and administrative plans and policies.
11. Facilitates cooperative and collaborative community and institutional relationships.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Health Care Administration or related area, or equivalency; eight years of progressively more responsible management experience; and demonstrated leadership, human relations and effective communications skills required.
Master’s degree in Business Administration, Health Care Administration or related area preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
· A degree in business or a technical discipline relating to computing
· Experience with accounting and/or financial planning.
· Demonstrated experience in managing, hiring, evaluating personnel.
· Aptitude for developing, executing, evaluating detailed plans.
· Ability to think strategically about finances, resources, hiring, etc.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· The ability to interact with people in a professional manner and facilitate resolution of challenges, conflicts, etc.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.