University of Utah Development Officer in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 05/16/2017
Requisition Number PRN14240B
Job Title Development Officer
Working Title Assistant Membership Manager
Job Grade E
FLSA Code Administrative
Patient Care Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40 hours per week
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
Typical hours during normal business hours. Occasional evenings and weekends and some travel may be required.
VP Area President
Department 00334 - KUED
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range $39,300 to $45,000 depending on experience
NOTE: May close at anytime.
Open Until Filled
NOTE: May close at anytime. Yes
Oversees the day to day execution of theKUEDMembership development department which may include cultivation, solicitations, acknowledgements to members, oversees data entry and processing forKUEDDevelopment, troubleshoot membership accounts and processes, research and resolve issues in membership and viewer services and assists theKUEDMembership Manager with execution of KUED’s membership fundraising campaigns. Hire, train, supervise and discipline the Membership and Viewer Services clerks and oversee their daily customer services interaction with members.
• Assists with maintaining the integrity ofKUEDdevelopment data into department database
• Manages regular processes related KUED’s development database in regards to pledges, gifts, refunds, inquiries, interests, thank you gifts and correspondence
• Troubleshoots donor account issues within KUED’s database as well as otherKUED, University and contracted vendor systems and processes
• Hires, trains and supervises customer service and data entry staff
• Performs first and/or second line customer service duties
• Oversees and coordinates KUED’s donor acknowledgement program, daily communications and regular correspondence
• Coordinates data exchange from vendors into KUED’s development database.
• May act as a liaison between Central Development andKUEDin regards to matching gifts, payroll deductions, tributes and memorial gifts
• Coordinates income reporting withKUEDaccounting staff,KUEDdevelopment staff and Central Development
• Coordinates and executes KUED’s donor payment recovery program with contracted outbound call center
• May coordinate and execute KUED’s direct mail, telemarketing, online and / or electronic media fundraising programs with KUED’s membership manager, andKUEDcontracted vendors
• May assist in the planning, coordination and execution of KUED’s on-air membership campaigns
• May assist withKUEDdevelopment & outreach events
• May assist and executeKUEDDevelopment email correspondence
• May oversee and assist withKUEDdonor thank you gift fulfillment program
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, related field, or equivalency; three years of fund-raising experience which includes direct solicitation of contributions, volunteer leadership support, written and verbal presentations, and strategy and market development are required. Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required. Experience in grant or proposal writing and a background working with local print and electronic media is preferred. Demonstrated negotiating skills are also preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Minimum 1 year supervisory experience and 1 year customer service experience preferred.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.