University of Utah Coordinator, Project in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 08/15/2016
Requisition Number PRN12117B
Job Title Coordinator, Project
Working Title Coordinator, Project
Job Grade C
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Care Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time?
Work Schedule Summary
Monday – Friday; 8:00am to 5:00pm
Department 00244 - Neurology
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 12.02 to 17.50
NOTE: May close at anytime.
Open Until Filled
NOTE: May close at anytime. Yes
Oversees the procedural matters related to an ongoing project or program in an assigned area. Provides administrative support to senior department personnel.
1. Coordinates procedural matters regarding the day-to day operations of an academic, research or administrative project.
2. Plans and implements procedural changes/modifications for the project.
3. Monitors expenditures to ensure compliance within prescribed budget parameters.
4. May assist in the preparation of grant proposals, research materials, and outreach publications.
5. Maintains or oversees the maintenance of project records, lists or files. Prepares related reports and performs evaluation of project effectiveness.
6. Provides information to students, faculty, staff, and government and community agencies regarding the policies and procedures of the project or department.
7. May monitor the progress of project participants, provide counseling, and administer examinations or tests.
8. May provide computer support for departmental/project objectives and determine appropriate software needed.
9. May coordinate seminars, workshops, luncheons and other meetings on topics within the scope of the project.
10. May act as the University’s representative for this field or specialty area when contacting other departments and outside organizations.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Six years related experience or equivalency (1 year of college education is equivalent to 2 years of related work experience). Demonstrated human relation and effective communication skills also required. Bachelor’s degree in a related area is preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.