University of Utah Coordinator, Faculty/Clinic in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 09/09/2016
Requisition Number PRN06163N
Job Title Coordinator, Faculty/Clinic
Working Title Coordinator, Faculty/Clinic
Job Grade B
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Care Job Code?
Type Non Benefited Staff / Student
Standard Hours per Week 19
Full Time or Part Time?
Work Schedule Summary
M-F 3 clinics day per week
Is this a work study job? No
Department 00261 - Otolaryngology
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 9.62 to 17.31
NOTE: May close at anytime.
Functions as an assistant to a faculty physician/s by performing and overseeing both office responsibilities and clinic-related duties.
1. Functions as primary liaison between attending physicians and their patients including: scheduling and confirming appointments; responding to patient calls by evaluating the nature and urgency and returning calls for the physicians whenever possible; and coordinating multiple appointments with other physicians and/or services.
2. Assists with the preparation and smooth operation of the clinic by making patient charts, referral letters and clinic schedule available; greeting and registering clinic patients; answering patient questions regarding policies, co-payments, fee schedules, etc.; and obtaining medical and insurance information and entering into the data base.
3. Maintains accurate and orderly patient medical records.
4. Completes initial patient billing process such as preparing charge sheets with procedure and diagnosis codes and entering charges into the computer system.
5. Manages physicians daily office schedule including coordinating meetings with clinical and surgical demands; scheduling surgeries; and arranging lectures for residents and medical students.
6. Assists with the preparation of lecture handouts, resident evaluations, slides, and study protocols. Transcribes all dictations, correspondence, clinic reports, manuscripts, meeting minutes, and private patient notes.
7. Acts as liaison to medical students and residents by setting up their schedule, communicating about student affairs issues, and keeping files and records on each student.
8. Performs daily maintenance tasks such as filing, copying, answering phones, making travel arrangements, and screening and prioritizing mail.
9. Orders supplies and equipment, forms, keys, etc.
10. Provides data for monthly clinical statistical reports.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency that may be required:
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Seldom: Infectious disease, oils ( there is air or skin exposure to oils or other cutting fluids ).
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking, standing, sitting.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Four years office experience; at least two years preferably in a medical setting, or equivalency; and demonstrated organizational, human relations, and effective communication skills required.
A typing speed of 40 wpm and completion of a medical terminology course may be required in some departments.
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801) 581-7447.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.