University of Utah Coordinator, Education in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 10/11/2017
Requisition Number PRN07353N
Job Title Coordinator, Education
Working Title Coordinator, Education
Job Grade D
FLSA Code Administrative
Patient Care Job Code?
Type Non Benefited Staff / Student
Standard Hours per Week 14
Full Time or Part Time? Part Time
Work Schedule Summary
Is this a work study job? No
VP Area U of U Health - Academics
Department 00242 - Biomedical Informatics Admin
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range DOE - Hourly Rate
NOTE: May close at anytime. 10/21/2017
Coordinate curriculum design, development and delivery for department, professional and/or community educational programs, including ongoing program assessment and improvement. Presents curricula, assembles presentations, prepares materials and supports or facilitates classes, workshops, seminars and other training services. May assist with program promotion and/or implementation, budget, administration and reporting.
1. Coordinates curriculum design, development and delivery for educational programs.
2. Conducts reviews of training program(s) to identify areas for improvement and initiates appropriate changes.
3. Maintains and analyzes data pertaining to program participants and efficacy.
4. Establishes or maintains budgets; monitors and approves related expenditures and ensures budget goals are met.
5. Acts as department liaison to program participants, community members and/or external organizations.
6. May plan and coordinate outreach publicity activities by determining priorities, preparing a business plan, coordinating advertising materials and/or marketing programs to individuals and organizations.
• This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Bachelor’s degree in a related area or equivalency (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education), and two years related experience required. Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills also required.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801) 581-7447.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.