University of Utah Coordinator, Education in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 07/07/2017
Requisition Number PRN14735B
Job Title Coordinator, Education
Working Title Education Program Specialist
Job Grade D
FLSA Code Administrative
Patient Care Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
8:00AM-5:00PM M-F, occasional evenings and weekends as needed
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 00018 - Utah Museum of Natl Hist Oper
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range $33,000 - $38,000, DOE
NOTE: May close at anytime.
Open Until Filled
NOTE: May close at anytime. Yes
Education Program Specialists are responsible for the development, delivery and daily management of engaging K-12 science education programs as assigned by the School Programs Manager.
• Program specialists will ensure all programming delivered is in direct support of the Museum’s mission, innovative, engaging and effective, as determined by evaluation.
• Facilitate on-site and statewide science education programs with K-12 students and teachers.
• Collaborate with School Programs Manager in establishing short and long-term goals for assigned program(s).
• Manage program budget, reporting and participant communications on a timely basis for assigned program(s).
• Lead and assist with the development, evaluation and refinement of NHMU’s K-12 student and teacher science education programs including curriculum, pedagogy, delivery coordination and supporting materials.
• Collaborate with Museum staff, educators, and researcher scientists, to improve NHMU’s work with K-12 teachers and students.
• Develop and maintain professional peer contacts with partner organizations and internal staff in order to stay current on educational and scientific information and to pursue collaborative opportunities.
• Deliver extraordinary customer service to all Museum guests and internal staff.
Bachelor’s degree in a related area or equivalency (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education), and two years related experience required. Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills also required.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
• Bachelors degree in Education, Science or related discipline
• Experience in developing and teaching formal and/or informal educational programs
• Broad knowledge of natural history topics experience preferred
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Must possess a valid drivers license; ability to travel and occasionally remain overnight
• Must be able to manage/lift teaching kits weighing up to 50 pounds
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.