University of Utah Coordinator, Academic in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 05/05/2017
Requisition Number PRN14169B
Job Title Coordinator, Academic
Working Title Program Coordinator, MBA Online
Job Grade C
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Care Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
Monday – Friday
May need to work evenings or weekend to support student or recruiting activities.
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 00033 - Executive Education
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 12.25 to 21.50
NOTE: May close at anytime.
Open Until Filled
NOTE: May close at anytime. Yes
The University of Utah Program Coordinator,MBAOnline oversees programming and events for theMBAOnline program at the David Eccles School of Business. This position reports to the Director, but will also frequently interact and indirectly report to the Associate Dean ofMBAPrograms and Executive Education. The position requires extensive interaction with prospective and current students, alumni, faculty, vendors, and other School and University staff. This person must have strong communication and project management skills, be an effective team player, and excellent organizer to handle multiple tasks.
Event and Class Management:
• Plan, implement and ensure quality ofMBAclasses by communicating with and making appropriate arrangements for the faculty, as well as arranging logistics for the students.
• Plan and implementMBAevents as required, for example: alumni events, graduation and recruiting events.
• Responsible for reconciling bills and reallocating them to the appropriate account.
• This person serves as a representative of theMBAprograms and the university. As such, they are responsible for making decisions (in partnership with the Director) related to running the program in an effective and conscientious manner.
• Serve as a resource forMBAstudents to answer questions and advise on issues associated with all components of the program.
• Maintain accurate and detailed event records. Evaluate each event to seek opportunities to improve and enhance future events.
• Work with Director on budget tracking and evaluation forMBAevents and other projects as assigned.
• Assist with new programs, graduation events, and other projects as needed.
• Significant interpersonal communication with prospective students over the phone, as well as in-person and through e-mail.
• Process student applications including communication, setting up interviews, and managing all incoming supporting documents.
• Provide ongoing communication to prospective students and applicants throughout the application process.
• Prepare records and maintain files on activities relating to recruiting and admissions.
• Prepare mailings to new prospective students.
• Answer phones and respond to initial student inquiries.
• Enter new contacts into contact database.
*This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Four years of administrative and/or secretarial experience, preferably in an academic setting, or equivalency; the ability to work independently and pay close attention to detail; demonstrated human relations, communication and organizational skills; and a commitment to provide excellent customer service required. Accounting skills may also be required by some departments.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Work experience in an academic environment is helpful. A Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field is preferred.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.