University of Utah Contracts Administrator in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 05/19/2017
Requisition Number PRN14260B
Job Title Contracts Administrator
Working Title Contracts Administrator
Job Grade D
FLSA Code Administrative
Patient Care Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
VP Area President
Department 00644 - Office of Sponsored Projects
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 31600 to 58400
NOTE: May close at anytime.
Open Until Filled
NOTE: May close at anytime. Yes
Performs administrative functions associated with contracts. Develops, coordinates and implements various types of contracts throughout the campus or health sciences. Coordinates changes and expansion of contract terms and day-to-day application of contract language.
1. Creates, within limits, contracts, agreements and bid documents for current University system projects; provides expertise and guidance regarding the submission of contracts to departmental administrators and other support staff; determines the proposal’s appropriateness.
2. Works with contracting agency and University users of services to establish and administer procedures for contract administration.
3. Tracks all documentation associated with each bid, contract or agreement and ensures timely processing of materials and completion of each phase.
4. Researches expanding and changing federal, state, and University laws and requirements and their effect on bids, agreements and contracts.
5. Prepares Request for Qualifications and Request for Proposals prior to award of contract.
6. Assists project managers and consultants as needed.
A Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus one year of experience or equivalency required. Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills also required.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.