University of Utah Clinical Research Coordinator in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 07/06/2017
Requisition Number PRN14720B
Job Title Clinical Research Coordinator
Working Title Clinical Research Coordinator
Job Grade E
FLSA Code Administrative
Patient Care Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
VP Area Health Sciences
Department 01517 - UPIN Neuromuscular Disorders
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 39300 to 72700
NOTE: May close at anytime.
Open Until Filled
NOTE: May close at anytime. Yes
Coordinates the implementation, quality control and completion of research studies while assisting the Principal Investigator in determining and accomplishing study objectives. Oversees research studies in an administrative and operational capacity while maintaining compliance with guidelines set by governing agencies.
1. Oversees compliance to protocol; manages quality control, completion and submission of study related documentation; prepares reports for organizations and agencies.
2. Develops study budgets; monitors budget expenses and billing for allied services; negotiates payment schedule with sponsor and fees for internal services.
3. Monitors enrollment goals and initiates strategies to promote enrollment and participant compliance. Coordinates and performs responsibilities related to research participants including determining subject population availability, developing informed consents and screening materials, screening and recruiting subjects, scheduling visits, obtaining informed consent, answering subject inquiries, overseeing study visits and acting as a liaison between participants and study-related parties.
4. Recognizes, tracks and reports adverse events and protocol deviations.
5. Prepares for and coordinates site visits made by sponsors or federal agencies during course and at the close of the study.
6. Represents the research program at meetings, national and international research consortia.
7. Prepares, submits and maintainsIRB,FDA,NCI,NIH,NSFand/or other regulatory documents and research correspondence.
8. Contributes to developing educational materials and educates the community and other research professionals regarding studies and related research issues.
9. Supervises, mentors and trains new or junior research staff.
10. Coordinates with referring physicians to provide information regarding available research projects and to maintain a strong referral basis.
11. Develops and maintains patient databases, investigational logs and records of drugs administered, medical devices monitored and/or procedures followed.
12. Assists the Principal Investigator in the development of study protocols.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency that may be required:
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Seldom: Infectious disease, oils ( there is air or skin exposure to oils or other cutting fluids ).
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking, standing, sitting.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Bachelors degree in a health sciences or related field with two years professional research experience and completion of UniversityRATSClinical Certification within one year of hire required. Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills also required.
Knowledge of Good Clinical Practices,FDA,HIPAAandIRBregulations; an understanding of research procedures; and the ability to function independently is preferred.
Departments may requireIRBCITICourse orIATADGRtraining within a specified timeframe.
Departments may prefer a nursing degree for this position, which requires the incumbent to have two years related experience and possess a nationally recognized research compliance certification.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Industry sponsored clinical trials (Phase I-IV) experience (3 years or more preferred)
Familiarity withIRB,IHC,GCP,DEA, andFDAregulations
Regulatory oversight and submission experience including all aspects of study start-up and close-out
Experience with site feasibility and selection visits
Provide research training and education to colleagues
Familiarity with operational administration systems/database, enrollment/recruitment/retention, regulatory/operational, and financial management metrics
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.