University of Utah Assoc Dir, Healthcare/Clinical in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 06/12/2017
Requisition Number PRN14469B
Job Title Assoc Dir, Healthcare/Clinical
Working Title Assoc Dir, Healthcare/Clinical
Job Grade G
FLSA Code Executive
Patient Care Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
Monday – Friday, 8am to 5pm
VP Area Health Sciences
Department 00234 - Geriatrics
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 60700 to 115300
NOTE: May close at anytime.
Open Until Filled
NOTE: May close at anytime. Yes
Directly manages the clinical, research and educational missions for the Division of Geriatrics consistent with the University’s goals and objectives. Act as a catalyst between the University of Utah Hospital, VA Salt Lake City Health Care System and the University of Utah School of Medicine to effectively manage clinical operations, research grants and projects, educational programs and Division finances. Facilitates positive and proactive communications between relevant collaborators throughout the University of Utah system and the community.
1. Manages division’s financial objectives including budgets, purchases, space management and inventory.
2. Implements and administers new and existing division programs and services to internal and external customers. Evaluates program effectiveness.
3. Participates in the development and interpretation of Division polices to ensure compliance with the Department’s and University’s policies and regulatory requirements.
4. Establishes internal objectives and implements procedures to meet goals. Assists in setting Division short and long-term goals, and provides regular analyses of metrics related to said goals.
5. Oversee Division human resources management, including recruitment, onboarding, performance and retention of faculty and staff.
6. Ensures customer satisfaction by analyzing customer complaints, concerns and suggestions. Provides appropriate follow through to ensure quality customer service.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration, a related area, or equivalency required; plus six years of progressively more responsible management experience; and demonstrated leadership, human relations and effective communication skills also required.
Master’s degree in Business Administration or related area preferred.
This position is not responsible for providing patient care.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
• Ability to manage clinical program development and expansion.
• Familiarity with Geriatric models of care across the care continuum.
• Demonstrated knowledge of billing compliance, complex financial analysis, Value Based and Alternative Payment Models, and grants management.
• Academic Medical Center management experience.
• Knowledge of Department of Veterans Affairs operations.
• Demonstrated quick critical-thinking ability and attention to detail, with proven track record.
• Strong leadership history.
• Demonstrated responsiveness and diligence.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.