University of Utah Administrative Assistant in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 07/10/2017
Requisition Number PRN14734B
Job Title Administrative Assistant
Working Title Development Assistant
Job Grade D
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Care Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40 hours/week
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 00070 - College of Fine Arts-Dean
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range $15.19 to $15.80 hourly ($31,600 to $32,880/year)
NOTE: May close at anytime.
Open Until Filled
NOTE: May close at anytime. Yes
The Development Assistant will support the fundraising activities within the College of Fine Arts (CFA) and provide direct support to theCFAExecutive Director of Development.
1. Assists with fundraising campaigns, including annual fund, scholarship, endowment, grant writing, and other development projects as needed.
2. Provides direct administrative support to the Executive Director of Development for the Arts. Provides overall support to the Development Office, including the capital campaign, advisory board, and philanthropy circles.
3. Coordinates special events, including catering arrangements, and provides follow-through and participation in event.
4. Identifies and maintains information on donors and prospective donors, including prospect research. Coordinates with University Development Office on trainings in Advance and other relevant trainings.
5. Responsible for task management and all administrative details associated with development-related campaign and committee meetings (i.e. prepare and distribute agendas, minutes, etc.).
6. Updates mailing lists and maintains databases and files.
7. Manages and uploads events to the College of Fine Arts online events calendar in coordination with Marketing and Communications team.
8. Prepares statistical summaries and spreadsheets used for historical reference and tracking of revenues and fundraising activities.
9. Enters and submits business transaction documents, such as procurements, travel, purchasing cards administration, Development deposits, etc. for Executive Director of Development.
10. Assists Executive Director with budget tracking and reporting.
11. Other duties as assigned.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Nearly continuously: office environment
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Associate degree in business or equivalency (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education) and three years full-time secretarial experience required. Demonstrated human relations and effective written and verbal communication skills required. Knowledge of basic bookkeeping practices and direct supervisory experience preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Bachelor’s degree or experience in a related field and excellent communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders is essential. Ability to use logic and reasoning to prioritize tasks; computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet software, and/or fundraising database software preferred.
Preference may be given to applicants with a background in the arts or creativity. Applicants with a positive attitude and the ability to be a team player as well as a self-starter will also be given preference.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.