University of Utah Administrative Assistant in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 07/14/2017
Requisition Number PRN07024N
Job Title Administrative Assistant
Working Title Administrative Assistant
Job Grade D
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Care Job Code?
Type Non Benefited Staff / Student
Standard Hours per Week 19
Full Time or Part Time? Part Time
Work Schedule Summary
Flexible within regular business hours
Is this a work study job? No
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 01335 - Nano Institute
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range 15.45 to 17.50
NOTE: May close at anytime.
Provides complex administrative support for a research institute. Supports senior personnel by facilitating project logistics such as lab ordering, meetings, conference room schedules and budgets.
1. Provides pre and post award management of grant projects ensuring compliance with proscribed budget parameters
2. Processes all lab orders ensuring expenses are appropriately charged.
3. Maintains budget records, such as reconciling accounts and preparing expenditure statements.
5. Assists in the preparation of grant proposals, research materials, and outreach publications for Nanotechnology Training Program.
6. Recruits and offers program guidance to students offered fellowships in the Graduate Nanotechnology Training Program.
7. Assists with the implementation of department and University policies and procedures.
8. Provides administrative support to upper level department management by scheduling appointments, coordinating meetings and conferences and maintaining and ordering office supplies.
• This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Associate degree in business or equivalency (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education) and three years full-time secretarial experience required. Demonstrated human relations and effective written and verbal communication skills required. Knowledge of basic bookkeeping practices and direct supervisory experience preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Preferences will be given to a candidate with University of Utah administrative experience with PeopleSoft Management Reports and Human Resources database.
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801) 581-7447.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.