University of Utah Academic Program Support Specialist in Salt Lake City, Utah
Open Date 07/11/2017
Requisition Number PRN14765B
Job Title Academic Program Support Specialist
Working Title International Academic Program Support Specialist
Job Grade B
FLSA Code Nonexempt
Patient Care Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
M-F; 8-5 with some overtime and weekends
VP Area Academic Affairs
Department 00295 - Office of Admissions
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range $13.31
NOTE: May close at anytime.
Open Until Filled
NOTE: May close at anytime. Yes
This employee assists in all aspects of the international student admission and record maintenance process. This employee assists in evaluations of academic transcripts, test scores, and other credentials. Prepares, verifies, and enters data into student information systems. Employee also assists students and the University community with admission and visa issues, provides information, and resolves issues.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualification required of an employee assigned to the job.
1. Evaluates, verifies and enters data/information from applications, transcripts and other credentials.
2. Works with international applicant files and materials, including foreign transcripts, financial documentation for immigration paperwork review, preparation and verification.
3. Prepare communications and mailings.
4. Reviews input against source documents for accuracy and makes revisions as needed.
5. Researches and evaluates all documents for completeness to ensure complete academic record is entered on computer system.
6. Verifies English proficiency requirements for applicants.
7. Maintains document master files for backup and verification.
8. Handles questions and complaints from students, parents, and departments in a manner that will strengthen the university’s professional and cooperative image.
9. Recalls system-stored information for verification or change of data.
10. Investigates and resolves computer input and processing errors.
11. May be required to run queries and reports.
12. Required to perform clerical duties such as filing and answering telephones and emails.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Three years of general office experience, preferably with one year in an academic setting.
2. Good customer service and communication skills.
3. Attention to detail.
4. Ability to provide high quality and quantity of work.
5. Problem-solving ability.
6. Minimum typing ability may be required.
7. Some college experience required.
8. Foreign language desired but not necessary.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.